Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bye-Bye 2008!

As a lesbian in California 2008 was very emotional. What stands out to me is what happened a month ago in November. The passing of proposition 8 has been something that affected me the most for the full year. I was demonstrating and I got involved, to the point of my mom catching me on the news. I don't have a girlfriend and I don't see myself getting married, but I would like to have that choice. The thing about Proposition 8 that didn't satisfy me was the Yes on 8's reason.




The main reason: RELIGIOUS. Many do not accept homosexuality, but because they do not personally believe in it, and they stand by the bible, they are willing to take a FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT from a person, a right that they FREELY have. This is why I became passionate about this issue.

I found this, and it fits how the religious zealots are describing the "gay agenda" and the "homosexuals" after the passing of proposition 8:


For the first time in a long time, we are standing up and becoming visible, and that is how they feel we are coming off as. My main hope for 2009 is for everyone in the gay community to be able to hold their heads up high, with that said, proposition 8 needs to be overturned and that is what I strongly hope for. I am hoping that I will meet someone that will love me unconditionally and that I will love HER back the same and if that love is strong as I hope it will be, I will like to have that CHOICE with her. A discussion of MARRIAGE.

Much LOVE, LAUGHTER, and LIFE to everyone out there and especially to MY community!

No comments: