Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Stuff White People Like"

So I was cruising CNN and found this article. The guy started blogging about stuff white people like as a joke. He has a list going, and got a book deal out of it through Random House. Of course I went to the blog and guess what number 88 is? Having Gay Friends.

As I started reading it, I was serious, but then it made me laugh. The one part that made laugh was this:

It is also worth noting that a gay friendship of any sort allows white people to feel as though they are a part of the gay rights movement. While white people love being a part of any movement, the gay movement is especially important to them because they can blend in at rallies and protests and spend an afternoon feeling the sting of oppression.


I don't know why it made me laugh. Looking at the date of the post, March 14, 2008, BEFORE the protests and rallies of 2008. I think it made me laugh because when I went to my first rally I was shocked at the "straight" allies around me with their signs and now I KNOW WHY!

No comments: