Sunday, October 5, 2008

1st Sunday of the month


So, I just decided to stay home this whole weekend. It has been great, for the most part. I found a personal ad that really impressed me considering it was from someone that is 21 years old. I actually loved it:

Either I'm The One...Or I'll Make Your Day

Date: 2008-10-04, 11:51PM

Let me tell you about myself -- I am college educated, I have a stable and respectable job, and I'm not missing any limbs. I spend a lot of time reading, and I am an intelligent person. I maintain an active lifestyle, and you should too. 

I'm very happy with where I'm at in my life. I have no money problems, and I can take care of myself just fine. You should be in a similar situation. I don't do drugs, and I drink socially. I will hold you to the same standards that I hold myself. 

Fair warning -- I won't try to impress you. I won't buy you flowers on the first date, and I won't treat you like a princess until you demonstrate that you deserve it. I don't let people take advantage of my good nature, I won't put up with typical female bullshit, and I won't adjust my life to please you. That said, I'm not abusive, and I will treat you well. I don't have any self-esteem issues, and neither should you. 

I'm looking for an intelligent and classy woman with some emotional depth who can enjoy and share the finer things in life. This isn't necessarily about sex, it's about finding a quality woman -- although I'm certainly not shy when it comes to sex. 

You want to know about me? I'll tell you what I'm not: 
1) I am not your mother. I will not tolerate childish bullshit when you don't get your way and I will not throw money at you to shut you up. 

2) I am not your hobby. That's why you have friends. This road goes both ways though, and you're not expected to join me on any trips you don't want to. I've got friends for that too. 

3) I am not your chauffeur. If you don't have a stable job or a car you shouldn't be perusing Craigslist in the first place. 

I am not an extremely picky woman. Being my dream girl is more a matter of the things you aren't than the things you are. 

My ideal woman: 
1) When asked about her hobbies, has more to say than, "Like, you know, stuff," or the always popular "shopping, hanging out, music, friends." 
2) Can think outside her own head and understand that while her wants and needs are her priority (and there's nothing wrong with that), those around her have their own desires. 
3) Takes care of herself to some degree. We can't help certain aspects of our appearance, but if you don't bathe regularly and have eaten yourself fat it demonstrates a fatal lack of respect for yourself that one would expect to bleed into other aspects of your behavior. 
If you've read this much crap and are actually interested, we might just stand a chance. Send me an email that makes me think, laugh, or hope. 
For the love of God, just someone show me you're not all the same. 

No comments: