Monday, January 12, 2009

It Makes Sense

Every once in a while someone writes something that just makes sense. The wishful writer just hit the nail on the head with me. My boss has been stressing and when she is stressed she seems to think that I am her foot rest. It makes me just want to quit. I'm on this gig until April and that is a long run for a gig, but every week, almost, I want to just quit. Friday was really bad, so bad that I went home, drank three beers and took two sleeping pills, not a good idea, my body let me know, all night. Saturday was very bad for me, in the sense that my body was in chaos.

This morning was not easy. She was on a rampage and it was taking its toll on me. As I finally took a second to breathe, I happened to come upon the W.W. and it was beautiful. Just like it hit her, it hit me. I even went on youtube to look for it. After watching it, I felt better.

Sometimes when you feel you are all alone in this world, it is good to know that someone else is there too and that is what being a true writer is all about.


In Italian, but the story is Charlie is going through withdrawal, Lock points to a cocoon and asks Charlie what kind of cocoon it is. Charlie guesses a butterfly cocoon and Lock goes on to explain that it isn't, it is actually a moth cocoon and the beauty of the cocoon is that moth's spin silk making them stronger and faster than butterflies. Lock then points to the cocoon with his knife.

You see this little hole? This moth is just about to emerge. It's in there right now, it's struggling, digging it's way through the thick hide of the cocoon. Now…I could help it…take my knife, gently open the widening, and the moth would be free…but it would be too weak to survive. Struggle is nature's way of strengthening.


Thank you W.W, you don't know how much this made sense to me.

No comments: