Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Swift Dating

So I have a set of friends (they are together) that are very bugged that I am not dating. Yesterday, one of them text me:

her: hey, the center has that speed dating thing
me: oh, ok.
her: you want the info?
me: sure, why not? (thinking: THIS SOUNDS FUNNY!)
her: ok, i'll send you the info

This morning I tell my bff about it. She e-mails me the info:
Swift Dating, February 7, 2009, FREE, FREE, FREE
Are you tired of the club scene? Are you bored at home watching TV and channel surfing? Want to meet other hot women? Join us for Swift Dating: a fast & swift way to meet other women. Great fun!

Saturday, February 7, 2009
Noon-6pm

Ages 18-25....... .....noon- 2pm
Ages 45-55....... .....noon- 2pm
Ages 55+......... .....noon- 2pm
Ages 25-35....... .....3pm- 5pm
Ages 35-45....... .....3pm- 5pm

1125 N. McCadden Place
Los Angeles, CA 90038

For more information and to RSVP call or
email at fdary@lagaycenter. org.


Ok, so, I'm not going to lie, I feel a tad bit lonely, and I would like to be dating, BUTT! (yes two t's) it isn't that serious. So, I tell my bff that I would like to try it because I think it sounds hysterically funny, but, I don't think I will actually go through with it. She gives me a pep talk and tells me to JUST DO IT!

Ok, as of right now, I'm planning on doing it: ONLY BECAUSE I START CRACKING UP THINKING ABOUT IT.

***I sent an e-mail to RSVP as of this post***

i'm just wondering why it's called "swift" instead of speed? is it cause it is lesbian? so, i took a gander at the center site and this is what i found:
FREE Clean & Sober Women’s Events
It can be difficult for lesbians and bisexual women to find places to meet outside the club scene, where drinking and smoking are so prevalent.

ok, ok, i get it, but the thing is this: I DON'T WANT A RECOVERING DRUG/ALCOHOL ADDICT! no offense to anyone, but i like to drink (of course could be the chicken in me talkin' right now)...no really, i like to drink! at first i was just talking shit about the bar scene and "smoking" we all know that smoking has been banned and it doesn't really happen...that is where i was going, but then it hit me, I LIKE TO DRINK!

dang, this isn't sounding too fun for me.
ok, so i read this AGAIN and WHO SAYS "GREAT FUN", huh?! WHO?! i'm not liking this anymore, it doesn't sound funny, anymore.

one last thing: how dirty am i? i went back to the calender of events and i see the meetings for "Sexual Compulsives Anonymous" and i get an immediate thought: "HUMMMM"...ok, it was brief...

No comments: